Emotional Intelligence Boot Camp-1 AUST Achrafieh
Time & Location
About The Event
The upcoming Boot Camp aims at:
• Developing the students’ social, emotional, and positive intelligence.
While our education system deals primarily with mental stimulus, our workshops are designed to give participants a multitude of real-life and hands-on opportunities, and provides learning activities that build on one another to deepen participants’ understanding of themselves and the environment around them. Accordingly, the objectives of the program can be summarized as developing the following qualities in our young leaders:
• Social awareness
• Relationship management
• Conflict management
Our innovative and active learning methodology lets students take significant responsibility for their own development, allowing them to contribute towards their own personalized learning pathway while having fun. Accordingly, the outcome of the five workshops can be summarized as follows:
• Learning about their own characters, feelings, motives, desires, mission, vision, purpose in life and the legacy they would like to leave behind.
• Taking responsibility for their own behavior and well-being, thus using their time and energy wisely and effectively in order to achieve their visions and missions in life.
• Becoming aware of others’ feelings, needs, and concerns and empathize with them.
• Gradually and systematically moving out of their comfort zones toward more challenging ones where they can actually gain self-confidence, self-discipline, and self-respect.
• Learning how they can build relationship on a professional level, how to maintain these relationships, how to grow them, capitalize on them and link them effectively together.
• Acquiring the ability to identify and see the opportunities in every conflict then handle them positively, sensibly, fairly, and efficiently.
Boot Camp Agenda
Sat - Feb 2, 2019
9:00 am – 9:30 am Arrival and registrations
9:30 am – 10:00 am Ice breaking activities
10:05 am – 10:30 am Boost your self-awareness
This session introduce you to the concept of Self-awareness - the first building block of emotional intelligence-. Without being aware of and understanding your own emotions, vision, mission, values, and the legacy you would like to leave behind, it will be difficult for you to move into the other emotional competencies. Hence, self-awareness is the first step toward maximizing and reaching your full potential. It will help you identify opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
10:35 am – 11:30 am Self-awareness group activity
11:35 pm – 12:30 pm Self-questioning workshop
Learning to ask the right questions of others, of oneself and about one’s situation or task at hand is an important part of self-awareness. This allows you to understand a situation well enough to make good judgments about which knowledge and experience applies and what elements in the situation are unique and require a uniquely creative response.
12:35 am – 1:00 am Self-questioning practice & activities
1:05 am – 2:00 pm Relationship building group activities
2:05 pm – 3:00 pm Lunch & break
3:05 pm – 3:35 pm Self-observation workshop
Developing self-observing ability is essential for managing your personal reactivity. To improve one’s performance of any activity, one must make the effort to observe oneself performing that activity, then measure the gap between current performance and desired one.
3:40 pm – 4:45 pm Self-observation practice & activities
5:00 pm –6:00 pm Team building activities
Sun – Feb 3, 2019
9:00 am – 9:55 am Ice breaking activities
10:00 am – 10:30 am Self-understanding workshop
The question of how to understand one’s own self has been one of the most widely discussed problems throughout many centuries of philosophical debate. In these philosophical debates, the conception of the self is usually related to questions of subjectivity and emotions.
10:35 am – 12:00 am Self-understanding practice & activities
12:05 am – 1:30 pm Communication Skill Building Group Activities
1:35 pm – 2:30 pm Lunch & break
2:35 pm – 4:00 pm Graduation Ceremony
Certificates distribution, pictures & interviews