YLDP Talk is a platform for youth to voice their opinions & have their says in matters that concern them while practicing their public speaking skills.
· To increase self-esteem, self-confidence and self–belief through self-expression and group engagement.
· To gain knowledge through self-exploration, self-learning, and group interaction.
· To improve communication and presentation skills
· Improve listening skills
· To develop leadership ability and foster the right values and attitude
· To network and interact with other like-minded young leaders and organizations
· To give the youth exposure and sensitize the community on issues affecting them
Students should be able to:
· Overcome fear of public speaking
· Use voice, movement, and body language to influence and affect the audience.
· Research, write and deliver focused, convincing and analytical speech in clear, grammatical prose.
· Apply how to craft presentations around essential objectives
· Present key concepts and ideas
· Design and present effective visuals
· Employ techniques for polishing and mastering presentation delivery
· Tailor speech for various audiences and purposes and deliver it within a specific time interval
· Recognize the ability to understand self and communication with others.
· Identify and clarify individual values & attitude
· Boost self-esteem & confidence
· Appraise the impact of active, passive, and empathic listening.
· Analyze and identify the necessary interpersonal skills for effective small and large group interactions
· Establish a network of like-minded young leaders and world class organizations